Friday, February 3, 2012

Pallet Project




Here is my weekend undertaking. I am finally getting a place of my own and a coffee table is one of the many home furnishings I do not currently own. Thus, I have collected two wooden pallets from the side of the road to make one. I've been poking around on Pinterest for ideas of how to go about doing such a thing and here is an example I found of the finished product that I'm aiming at. For whatever reason I have become completely fixated on this project. I can't shake the idea that I'd be so happy to have a place to post up with Algebra homework, Apple products, or lunch. And because the new place is not big enough for a formal dining table this smaller more accessible version will serve as the fixture that I and my guests will congregate around on game nights and at dinner parties. It makes sense really, considering the nature of all that takes place around a table, that it has become a symbol for community. Well, I'll have to employ the saw skills of my boo and put a little love and good old fashioned elbow grease into it, but I'm hopeful it can be done. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment