Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Silence of the Yams.

Alyssa gets to it.

 Scottie and Chris looking dapper.

Brandon and Evan carne carving.

 Maria and her famous brussle sprouts.

 Some good eats.

Nick.

 Sara and Heather working the spread.

Girls. Alyss, Sara, Angela.

Not a drop spilled.

 Andy!

 Anna & Andy. Preshies.

 My little rig. 


This weekend was properly fun. I slept all day Friday ( = fun to me); got nice and rested for two full evenings of party time. Saturday was friendsgiving at Brandon and Heather's in Mountain Home Village, and Sunday was Andy's wedding in LALA. I do apologize for the several blurry photos above. I can't be judged for my lack of professionalism once a certain measure of substance is consumed. I can however ensure good company and exceptional dance moves.
Heather and Brandon did a slam dunk job of preparing their first turkey dinner. The house was toasty and full of feastly scents and sights, the way any good holiday home is. Crackling fire gathered chit-chatters and hanger-outers, the busy kitchen bustled with hands-on helpers and the porch, crispy and dampened by the fall, hosted smoke breakers. I whipped up a TJ's Tofurkey accompanied by sliced shitakies, parsnips and onion; garnished with garden sage and rosemary... delicious. The scene was populated by beautiful people, many beautiful foods and their groups, and their wild friends, wine and pie. I ate until my already tight pants nearly burst off my body, and sipped sparkling wine till I was tipsy and giggling at nearly every damn thing. We played bunko, which I proved to be terrible at. Apparently the luck of my lucky lineage was not with me.
There was a dance party wherein Nick plead for a slow song (Casey and Jo-Jo- "All My Life") so he could ask his lovely bride to share a dance, which was both hilarious and completely sincere, and therefore, amazingly romantic. I'm writing the whole night up as a success. Friends giving as friends do-- food, drink, laughter and love.
Sunday, Andy Toy (occasionally my)-- badass keys player, married Anna Nelson (Moxi). What a sweet couple and ceremony and party! They requested I play "Marry Me" for their first dance. I couldn't have been more honored, I was happy just to be invited.... Which is why I felt so terrible that the PA gave us wedding-day glitch... My guitar was mysteriously lost to the speakers. :0(((( They were totally gracious though and I got to watch my two lovely friends dance to the rhythm of their own love while I sang them a song that I wrote. It was one of those moments as a musician I'll never forget.
I also made a new friend who played lovely tunes for their craft cocktail hour. His name is Ray Fortune and he sings like Ryan Adams, check him out! He can also cut a mean rug!
Despite the one wedding glitch (which I was directly tied to of course) I'm going to have to write this one up as strongly wonderful, tasteful, emotive and elegant! Congrats Andy and Anna, you're both beautiful!
Lastly- I took time Monday to work on a couple of new song ideas. I'm still loving my Gretsch for writing these days. I'm running it through that little red hot Fender which sounds so freakin sweet and cost less than a color printer, and is way cooler in my humble opinion. Unless of course you need to print something.
I just booked a few play dates, for December. Some here, some there. Details to come, so stay tuned.
Bless your heart, xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment